Rachiele/Tucci family recipes...
(Scroll down for recipes)
Our family LOVES to cook. I have had so many requests for me to share our family recipes that I thought I would finally do so. I hope you enjoy these meals as much as we do. I will be adding recipes regularly, so keep coming back! (By the way, the timpano in the photo above is what Timpano is supposed to look like. In the movie, the lady that made the Timpano for the set made the shell too thin, hence you can see the ziti through the shell.)
Consider purchasing my cousins cookbook. 100% of the profit goes to feed the needy in Manhattan. Click hereIf you have interest in our Copper Cooking Heat Diffuser Plates - Click here.
- Pasta with Garlic and Olive Oil (Pasta Aglio E Olio) Fast, easy and quite delicious!
- Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes (Pasta Alla Crudaiola) There is nothing better when tomatoes are in season.
- Pasta with Pesto (Pesto Al Basilico) My mom grows Basil so big that it has bark on the stems.
- Pasta Sauce (Ragu) This is my family meat sauce.
- Timpano - as seen in the movie "Big Night" Our family makes this every Christmas and often at Easter.
- Stewed Beans, Tuscan Style (Fagioli Stufati All'Ucceletto) My wife, who hates any vegetable, loves this recipe.
- Stewed Lamb with Artichokes (Agnello Con Carciofini)
- Tomato Salad (Insalata di Pomodoro) - one of my all time favorites
- Celery Salad (Insalata di Sedano) What a great salad simple celery can make.
- Sailor's Style Sauce (Salsa Marinara) "Your stomach with thank you"
- Mom's Soup (Vegetable soup with just a touch of meat) The best soup... period!
- Pastina with Eggs (Pastina con Uova) a fast and easy meal. If you have picky kids or grandchildren, they will love this!
- Risotto with Shrimp (Risotto con Gamberetti) An impressive meal to make for friends and family.
- Spaghetti with Lentils (Spaghetti E Lenticchie)
- Steak Oreganato (Bistecca Origanata) This is a very fast and tasty meal to prepare in just a few minutes.
- Meatballs (Polpette) I love to make a meatball sandwich with good Italian bread and a bit of sauce.
- Chicken Cutlets (Cotolette Di Pollo)
- String Beans with Tomatoes (Fagiolini Al Pomodoro)
- Broccoli Rabe (Broccoli Di Rape Alla Tucci)
- Peaches and Wine (Pesche Al Vino)
- Basic Vinaigrette (Vinaigrette all 'Italiana)
- Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary (Patate Arrosto)
- Ricotta Balls (Palline di Ricotta)
Here is one of my favorites - fast and healty; Pasta with Broccoli
One pound of broccoli - cook in water until tender (Salt the water)
Cook 3/4 pound of Ziti (Salt the water)
Mix the two in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste
You may add a clove of garlic in the broccoli when cooking, but it is not necessary.